Monday, April 27, 2015

Sometimes Finding Inspiration Is Half The Fun...

...or, as in this case, deciding on the inspiration is where the fun can really be found. Let me explain. For this Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge inspiration card, I really needed to dig deep and study that photo carefully before I was able to come up with a design I was happy with. Sometimes I can look at an inspiration photo and instantly design a card in my head. Other times, I may need to focus more on the color scheme rather than the content of the photo. But, for some reason, this challenge really stumped me. So, I began to pick apart all of the pieces of the photo that really stood out to me. The, design on the comforter and the gilded mirror took center stage, as well as the greenery throughout. But, none of these things "spoke to me". Then I spotted the painting on the wall (reflected in the mirror). I loved the fluid lines and colors---but, how could I translate those things into a card? Suddenly, it hit me...mixed media!

     By using metallic paints and stencils, I found I could recreate the feel of the painting. And, by ghost stamping with my Waffle Flower Crafts stamps, I could achieve the effect I wanted in my inspiration card. Yes! Now, to start things off, here is the inspiration photo for the April 27-May 10 WFC Photo Inspiration Challenge.


     Notice, the painting in the mirror's reflection? That is what I based my card design on. Initially, I was not sure if this would work out. But, I am actually very pleased with the outcome. I used metallic acrylic paints and stencils for the background. I then cut white vellum to mimic the "flowing" feel of the painting. Next, I used my "In Every Way" Waffle Flower Crafts stamps to produce an ethereal design on the vellum. The vellum was pressed into the paint before it dried, so no other adhesive was necessary. It was actually quite easy and very fun. Here is the finished card...




     I hope this card inspires you to join in on the Waffle Flower Crafts Inspiration Photo Challenge fun. If you would like to learn more about the challenge and the submission information, please click HERE. This link will take you to the WFC Photo Challenge page where you can see the Challenge Design Team's take on the inspiration photo. This is also where you will find the link to submit your card in the Challenge. Card submissions are judged and the winner receives their choice of a WFC stamp set---so come and play!

     Until next time, have a wonderful day and a stress free week!

Huggies to all---
Jennifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment