Monday, March 9, 2015

     One of the best reasons to join in on a Card Challenge is to improve your creativity. At Waffle Flower Crafts, there is a lot to get creative with! This Card Challenge's photo inspiration is a good example. I love the clean, modern vibe and "Springy" color combos. When looking at an inspiration photo, I often check out the little details and use those as the design for my card. For example, in the photo below, I love the texture and feel of the throw pillow. This, coupled with the color combo, seems like a good starting point for my card layout. What do you see in the inspiration photo? The orchids? The succulents? The mirrors? All of these would be a great springboard for the focal point of your next card. And....did I mention the beautiful Spring colors?...




     Below is the card I created to inspire you to use your creativity and imagination when creating your Card Challenge design. Trust me, the colors ARE an exact match for the inspiration photo...but, I seem to be having issues with either my camera or my editing software. The colors came out much too neon and a lot of the texture was lost. However, I believe this card uses the textures and vibe of the inspiration photo and that counts a lot too!


Front cover of Challenge Inspiration card (left); inside the card (right).


     If you would like to join in on the fun and play with us at WFC, please click HERE. This link will take you to the Waffle Flower Crafts Card Challenge page. Once there you can see what my fellow Card Challenge Design Team members came up with to inspire you and find links to their blogs. More importantly, don't forget to check out all the lovely stamp sets at WFC that are sure to take your creations to the next level. Remember, the winner of our Challenge gets to pick out a stamp set of their choice as an awesome "thank you" for playing along and winning.


     Until next time, Huggies to all---Jennifer.

Note: The stamp sets used are Waffle Flower's Monochrome and On My Mark. The inks used were a custom blend of Tim Holtz and Brilliance inks.

1 comment: