Monday, June 22, 2015

All Good Things Must Come To An End...

    I can't believe the months have just flown by. But, they have and it is now time to take a look at the last Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge inspiration card for this term. I can't tell you how fun and fulfilling it has been to be included as a part of the WFC Challenge Design Team. I am truly thankful for all the opportunities my time with Waffle Flower has afforded me. I had so much fun and will be forever grateful for Nina, Tessa, Kymona, Tenia, and Shelly for making my experience on the CDT so amazing.
     So, without further ado, let's take a look at the inspiration photo for the June 22-July 5th Challenge...


     As you can see it is an eclectic collage of items and colors. I really loved the green and yellow tones throughout and decided to let that be my main focus. I used one of my all time favorite Waffle Flower Crafts stamp sets, Notions. The Notions set is so versatile and fun to use. I love "puzzling" the stamps together to make multi colored images, it can be very therapeutic as well as creative to use this set!
     Here is the card I created, I used green and yellow inks from my stash in order to create my card front. I actually blended several inks together in order to create a unique color for the sewing machine and feel it worked out quite well. I think the ink blending technique transformed the focal point in a way that helped it both stand out as well as mesh smoothly with the other stamped images. What do you think?




     A little bit of metallic twine and a couple of rounded corners was all that was needed to finish off a card that was both easy and extremely fun to create. If you would like to create a card based on the inspiration photo, please do so and submit it in our Challenge here. The Challenge Design Team will vote on a winner and that lucky person will win an awesome WFC stamp set of her/his choice. So come on and play!

Huggies to All,
Jennifer.

1 comment:

  1. Love this card!! I was so nice working with you, Miss Lady!!

    ReplyDelete