Monday, January 12, 2015

     Hello everyone! Today, I am here with the first of this months wonderful Waffle Flower Crafts Challenges. When I first see a challenge inspiration photo, I am usually drawn to one of two things: the color scheme or the content (especially the feel and mood of the photo). For this challenge I chose to work with the colors of the inspiration photo.




     I love the dark navy, blue-grey, red, and deep chocolate color combination. I also noticed that the metallic accent lines in the background gave the whole photo a "finished" feel. So, I included gold in my card's color scheme as well. I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and feel I came pretty close to honoring the colors in the inspiration photo.




     The bear is a little less blue-grey than I had hoped for, but I am pleased with the results. I also used a new (to me) technique which uses complimentary die-cuts to hold the card closed. The dark navy "flower" die-cut is attached to one side of the card, while the white circle with the bear is adhered to the other side. I love trying out new card folds and closures, and this is one variation I will employ again on future cards.

     I hope you like the card, and my take on the WF Challenge inspiration photo. I can't wait to see what my fellow Challenge DT members come up with. If you would like to take a look too, here are the links to their blogs:




     Well, that is it for today's card. Be sure to check back on the 26th to see the second card for January. It will be based on a different inspiration photo, and I can't wait to show you what I have come up with!

WAFFLE FLOWER CRAFTS STAMPS AND DIES USED: Flower Circle die set, Tribal Thank You stamp set. These items and more can be found here.

p.s. ***COMING SOON*** Stayed tuned for the only "non" crafts related post I do all year....IMATS LA (Los Angeles)!!! For those of you who don't know what IMATS is, it is the International Make-Up Artists Trade Show. I go every year and love it! This year it is on January 16th-18th and will be held at the Pasadena Convention Center (as usual). Even though my blog focuses on card making, rubber stamping, and altered arts, I have had a good response in the past when I posted a short description of my time at IMATS and some photos. It is the only off topic post I do all year and I hope you will find it as interesting as I do. After all, make-up is an art form too, right?

Huggies to all of you---Jennifer.


1 comment:

  1. Your card is amazing! I love the closure technique you used- so cool! Your blog is looking good, too! pretty elements all around :) Can't wait to see what you post about IMATS LA- makeup and nail polish are my other guilty pleasures!

    ReplyDelete